Go To Post 7 Herbs That Can Save Your Skin from Ultraviolet Rays that Cause Aging.
1. Golden serpent fern (Phlebodium aureum) - used in the treatment of some inflammatory diseases, research indicates that it might be useful for sun protection.
2. Green Tea - protects your skin from the dangerous rays of the sun, and can prevent future skin damage and even skin cancer; it is a very effective natural sunscreen. It should be applied at least 30 minutes prior to going out in the sun. It also has high levels of catechins, which work as an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant. Green tea can even prevent aging skin by thickening the epidermis.
3. Aloe vera - has been used for centuries to treat blemishes on the skin, including cuts, scratches, acne, and wrinkles. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe vera helps to speed up the healing process and even rehydrates the skin. Leaves from the Aloe vera plant can be split opened and applied directly to the skin, but this herb is also sold as ointments, gels, powders, and juices.
4. Calendula - vulnerary, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, antiviral, antifungal, lymphatic stimulant and immune supporter. External Use- use as a wash, compress, lotion, essential oil, cream or ointment for most skin conditions, slow-healing wounds, bruises, cuts, and burns.
5. Gingseng Leaf - is rich in total phenolic compounds and has a higher content of certain ginsenosides, which have photoprotective effects against UVB-induced skin damage.
6. Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) - has therapeutic effects and a blood cleanser when taken internally. Skin benefits: fights acne, eczema, boils, ulcers, psoriasis and dry scaly skin. Since it has a purifying effect, it is great for digestive disturbances, rheumatic and urinary conditions and also has antibiotic properties. It helps the body purify itself and eliminate toxins.
7. Turmeric - works as both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant. This powerful combination helps to keep the skin clear and prevents blemishes.
#ouiorganique #usdaorganic #spf50 #spf #spfprotection #sunscreen #uvprotection #sunprotection #naturalspf #organicsunscreen #madeinusa #vegetarian #vegan #rejuvenation #chicago #illinois #allnatural #beautytips #organicskincare #nature #natural #naturephotography #love